Monday, August 6, 2012

Adrenaline

Call me crazy (or maybe, whichever you prefer), but I went to go see the Dark Knight Rises after watching the U.S. women's national team come back three different times to win the game 4-3 in the 123rd minute which for those of you who don't watch soccer means that in the injury time added to overtime! Alex Morgan, my favorite USWNT player and at this moment the love of my life, scored after a 3-game drought and my hands were shaking I was so excited! 
(Look. at. that. swag.)
It's been a little while since I've felt the adrenaline that comes from playing a full soccer game, but I certainly recognize it when I feel it.  Then I went with some friends to see the Dark Knight Rises which is jam-packed with action and suspense and just plain craziness!  On top of my already hyper-sensitivity that movie was a lot to handle in the best of ways and now I'm listening to music at an ear-deafening volume unable to even pretend to go to sleep and I needed to post about this feeling because it's powerful and it's a rush.  It makes me feel alive and there are very few times in my life that I can pinpoint where I felt this alive.  This past year there are some very specific instances I can think of, but I try my hardest not to do so which makes this feeling so important now.  It's nice to know that we as human beings are capable of feeling so fully even when it's for others and I like knowing that I can express my vitality in a lot of different ways whether it's with others or for others.  Congratulations Alex Morgan and the U.S. Women's National team, redemption against Japan is right around the corner!
Have a RUN-believable day!
Song Suggestion: Just switch back and forth between Rihanna and Nicki Minaj, you will never sleep! Specifically Roc Me Out and Pound the Alarm... I feel like doing something either really productive or destructive right now, let's hope my responsible side wins out!

No comments:

Post a Comment